How to Make a Festive Antipasti Wreath

by Sarah - Craft Invaders

A Festive Antipasti Wreath featuring a selection of cured meats, cheeses and vegetables framed by rosemary is perfect for serving as an appetizer over the holiday season. I can’t really call this a recipe, but it’s such a lovely (and easy) way to present Antipasti that I thought it was worth sharing with you all.

Antipasti means “before the meal” and is the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. The wreath itself is formed from sprigs of  fresh Rosemary, which looks very festive and is available all year round.  For a summer wreath try a combination of smoked and poached fish, hardboiled eggs and summer herbs garnished with lemon slices.

When I serve a Antipasti Wreath I simply cover it with pieces of kitchen towel after I have prepared it, to avoid stray fingers or anything else finding their way into it before I am ready to serve.

related articles

28 comments

Nikki Frank-Hamilton January 25, 2016 - 1:31 am

Sarah, I could eat antipasto for every meal, I love all types of marinated vegetables, or pickled, olives, cheeses, meats, yum! I could live on this alone. We do antipasto trays for almost every catering we do, and I’m always hoping there are left overs! But I’ve never seen one this pretty with the rosemary wreath, it’s so gorgeous! Pinning so I can do this for our next get together!

Sarah - Craft Invaders January 27, 2016 - 11:30 am

Me too Nikki, and its such an easy thing to throw together. It is perfect for a sociable meal, with everyone diving in – I going to try a fishy one next I think, that’d be cute with some pickled lemon slices!

How to Sunday Linky #15 - Monkey and Mouse January 16, 2016 - 9:23 pm

[…] I also loved Craft Invaders Antipasti Wreath, a simple, but elegant idea for a special […]

Sarah - Craft Invaders January 16, 2016 - 10:33 pm

Thanks for featuring us Jenny x

Jenny January 14, 2016 - 11:40 pm

An excellent idea! I love snack’y’ type food, so this would be perfect for our Christmas evening buffet, or any other time of year really, a great way to display the food.
Thanks so much for linking up to #HowtoSunday 🙂 x

Sarah - Craft Invaders January 15, 2016 - 7:34 pm

I love food you can pick at as well – this is such an easy way to dress it up a bit, and it’s lovely and quick to put together 🙂

Honest Mum January 13, 2016 - 1:28 pm

Wow that’s incredible, so ingenius and delicious too! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays on honestmum.com

Sarah - Craft Invaders January 14, 2016 - 12:22 pm

Thanks Vicki – it’s one of those dishes which is endlessly adaptable, and so simple to throw together, so perfect for when you have friends and family round 🙂

Debs @ Super Busy Mum January 12, 2016 - 11:26 pm

What a gorgeous and clever idea! Looks fabulous! Thanks so much for linking up with the Mad Mid Week Blog Hop. I hope to see you again tomorrow! #MMWBH

Sarah - Craft Invaders January 14, 2016 - 12:32 pm

Everyone who visits is getting this and wine at the moment – and I am already thinking up more summery versions – it’s so simple but going down really well with everyone 🙂

1 2 3