How to Make a Stunning Twig Chandelier

by Sarah - Craft Invaders

We live in a Victorian house which is an ongoing project. Consequently, we have a reception room that is still on the to-do list, and needs fairly major work such as a new ceiling.

Our Twig Chandelier makes a beautiful ceiling Christmas Decoration. Check out our video to see exactly how we made it!

The upside of this is I am allowed to do pretty much what I want in this room, so each year at Christmas time, out comes the staple gun, and the room gets a makeover of Ivy, Holly and anything else that takes my fancy to cover up the large gaps between the walls and ceiling. For the last few years we have had a Twig Chandelier in the centre of the ceiling, it may not be to everyone’s taste, but it is a brilliant way to brighten up a less than perfect room, so I thought I would share our video on how we put it together.

I have collected these glass baubles for a few years now (just buying 2 or 3 each January) but you could make equally lovely ones using the drops off old chandeliers or other glass beads threaded on wire, or even crystal ones you have grown yourself. If, like I often do, you end up leaving the twigs up as a more permanent feature, they look equally pretty with other decorations on them, such as Easter Eggs, or little felted birds.

Our Twig Chandelier makes a beautiful ceiling Winter and Christmas Rustic Decoration. Check out our video to see exactly how we made it!

For more unique nature inspired home decoration ideas check out our gorgeous air plant and wire jelly fish, our woodland table decoration  and our bark covered flowerpots.

related articles

50 comments

Pili November 11, 2016 - 10:57 pm

Sarah, this is an amazing project!! No one would notice the gaps between the walls and the ceiling, and I am sure it will look great not only with Christmas decor.

Sarah - Craft Invaders November 15, 2016 - 1:51 pm

Thank you Pili, we have kept it up all year before 🙂

Jessica October 28, 2016 - 11:04 am

What an excellent winter project, I love it!

Sarah - Craft Invaders November 3, 2016 - 10:24 am

Thanks Jessica, it certainly brightens up any room 🙂

Nikki Frank-Hamilton October 9, 2016 - 6:03 pm

Sarah, this is amazing! I love how you bring the outside in, this looks like a winter fairy land. I bet it is the focal point of this room, who would ever notice other imperfections when gazing at this beauty!

I would leave it up all year round too! It’s stunning!

Sarah - Craft Invaders October 13, 2016 - 12:09 pm

Thanks Nikki, it does look pretty with all the glass reflecting the light and it definitely does the job of distracting from the ceiling itself!

Mary-the boondocks blog October 4, 2016 - 9:31 am

This is absolutely stunning Sarah! Such a unique centerpiece for the room. A showstopper really. There are not enough nice things I can say about it!

Sarah - Craft Invaders October 13, 2016 - 12:02 pm

Thank you Mary, it does seem to stop people in their tracks when they see it lol – never quite sure if that’s good or bad, but we love it 🙂

Linda at Mixed Kreations October 3, 2016 - 11:45 pm

Oh I really love this, it turned out so pretty! Would love to have something like this on my patio. So pretty!

Sarah - Craft Invaders October 13, 2016 - 12:00 pm

It’d be lovely on a patio Linda, we keep meaning to make on outside one too 🙂

1 2 3 4 5